My life after College

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Graduation

Well its official..I've finally graduated from college with a diploma. During the past two years I have been working at getting a diploma in Executive Office Administration. So on June 14th I graduated with Distinction in Executive Office Administration at Conestoga College, Kitchener, Ontario, Canada. I know live 3 hours north of the college and so my dad, mom and I went down to Kitchener just for the graduation (and a little shopping before).
In one picture its me getting my sash and shaking the Dean of the School of Businesses hand. The other photo is me after being on stage with my diploma in my hand. I just wanted to go sit but daddy wanted a photo first on the way back to my seat.

So after a few hours of sitting and listening it was finally over. It only lasted about 2 hrs which was nice, although we had to be there 1 hour before, so it seemed like I was there for 3 hours.

So two years of college and I'm working for a resort up in the Muskoka area. I love my job, I'm just not too excited about the driving that is involved before I get to the resort. I leave 45-50 minutes before my shift starts hoping that I don't get stopped for speeding as it sooo boring on that highway that you just want to get off of it. It is a summer job, as I don't know what life will bring in September. I have never really worked in September as I have always been going back to school after the summer. I guess this year is different. No more textbooks, studying, quizzes or midterms, finals, reports or presentations.

However, this is not the end of my schooling. I know that there is going to be more to my career. But for know I have all the skills needed in order to accomplish a greater career. I'll be back soon! Hopefully I won't be gone as long as the last blog!

2 Comments:

At 11:11 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

We miss you here!! Get a job down here k?!

 
At 11:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey girlage ,
well you did it yesss , yeah for you , sure miss you on k-town its just not the same here with out you *tear* haha lol well hope to see you really soon
much luv
<3

 

Post a Comment

<< Home