My life after College

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Happy Father's Day!


Well today is Father's Day. I started celebrating the day by getting up at 6am!!!! Wow, that is a big loss of sleep when you usually get up at 8am or later. But it was for a good cause, I was going to be a cheerleader today.

My dad has been doing duathalons (run, bike, run) for the past 2 years, going into his 3rd year. He enjoys them and I enjoy going to cheer him on, GO DAD GO! Usually I have a sidekick (my younger sis) but she was also away competing in a horse show (in picture with horse). She jumps competitively with her horse Firefly S.S. aka Flicka. So I was solo, with my mom taking pictures and my brother being a teenage boy (sit there and sleep) I took the full role of cheerleader. I guess that all the hard work that dad did paid off, (and of course all my good cheering), as dad got a 1st in his age/weight category!!!!! He beat the guy that usually gets in front of him.

My dad has been given many gifts to which we are proud of him for. He is a father, business owner, volunteer firefighter, duathalete, and encourager for his children. He was brought up with good morals and I respect him so much for all the lessons his has been able to teach me. When my car wont start and I have a 8:30am college class and he lives 3 hrs away from me, I can call him up and ask him how to start it. If the guy at the oil changing place is trying to jip me into buying something I don't need...he is there to call and ask for advise. I don't think that I could have asked for a better Dad! For that thank you Dad for all you have done! I couldn't of spent today doing anything else than what my dad loves and enjoys to do. CONGRATS on 1st!

P.S. I'm doing this in red as its my Dad's favourite colour!

2 Comments:

At 11:07 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats Ron on the race. He is a good dad - you wanna know why????

Do ya?? huh huh Do ya???

Cause he raised an amazing daughter (the others are good too)!! :-)

A man of integrity is known 'cause his children are blessed after him and they hear his instruction and grow wise. Prov. 4:1; 20:7)

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger Alicia said...

Your dad was always a great uncle too...i still remember when I was younger how he would sing to me cause I would get home sick. The song went something like this.. "jesus on the inside working on the outside ooh what a change in my life.."!
Congrats on the run as well. Awsome!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home