My life after College

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Blue Man Group

Every morning on our local radio station they have a contest called 'What do you know?', it runs at 7:45am in which they ask a question. They usually are something like 'according to a recent survey, the #1 thing women think about in the shower. What is it?'

You then call into the radio station and try and answer the question. My dad is really good at these questions and has won a few times. As well two guys that work for him have also won when they were all on their way to work. So my dad with one of the winnings won tickets to the BLUE MAN GROUP. My mom and him ended up being busy that weekend, so they gave the tickets to me. I had no idea who they were and what they did, but my friend Louisianna did. She has wanted to see them for a very long time. So her and I planned on going. I was then online looking to see where are seats where and the internet showed that the show was cancelled. So I called the threatre, and it was forsure cancelled. I then called the radio station just in case they were giving out other cancelled show tickets. We ended up getting another date to go if we wanted. So we went this past Saturday.

The concert was at 8pm and was about 2 hrs and 20 minutes away from my house according to Mapquest. Plus you needed to add city traffic to that which would be about 2 hrs 50 minutes, plus you need to add Mapquests wrong turn which is about 3hrs 20 minutes. We made it to the street we were suppost to be on, then saw the threatre, know where to park. We tryed one parking lot but it was full. So we finally found a parking garage. We get our ticket and find a spot close to the exit. And what do we see when we finish parking...this sign....Be alert! Check back seat, Lock your car. Great, two young women have to walk through this city to get to the threatre. Oh well, we have our keys in our hands between our fingers just in case. Really it wasn't that scary. The sign was kinda funny more scary.

We got to the threatre by only a 3 minute walk from our car. Got our tickets, went to the bathroom, then found our seats. Our seats where on the main level, 14th row back and we had isle seats. It was a great time. It started out with them doing a paint drumming, where they had paint flying up as they hit the drums. They got the audience involved with saying things and bringing two people up on stage. I tried not to make eye contact with them when they were coming into the seating, as I didn't want to go up there. But they sometimes manage to stare right at you, but then they go away.
At the end they do a grand finale, where they are rolling out streamer paper but its ticker and wider than normal streamer paper. They have huge rolls of it at the bad of the threatre, and they get the audience to keep pulling it towards the front. Sometimes you wouldn't get any paper, then all of the sudden there was a huge pile of it. They also had lights flashing and everything. It was so much fun. We were able to get a picture just as the paper was going everywhere, then were told to turn off our camera...LOL..at least we got a picture.

After the performance was over, we headed to Starbucks which was right down the street. After that we proceeded home. About 1/2 and hour after we thought we were on the right track according to mapquestes directions, we ended up going past the threatre again! So we just kept following the directions, however we couldn't find the road that we wanted and we knew we were lost for sure. We ended up calling Lousianna's dad as he was a truck driver in the city. So he helped us get out part way. But then we ended up getting stopping at a gas station and asking for directions. We were soo happy when we finally found the highway. It took us 1.5 hrs to get out of the big city. Plus we had another 2 hrs home. Boy was I tired when we got home at like 1:30am. However it was a fun night! Thanks for coming with me Louisianna~!!!

On another note, my puppy Bailey is doing great, he's a bundle of fun, and brings some new entertainment to our family. He has had a few accidents, bcuz I didn't take him our soon enough after he ate...ooops..I'm learning too. When we had our first dog Ty, my mom and sister did most of the work with the training, know its my turn. He is also starting to recognize his name. For the first bit, he didn't respond to his name. Now whenever I come home from being gone, he comes and gives me lots of kisses when I call him.

6 Comments:

At 8:57 AM, Blogger momsmusings said...

Oh, cool, The Blue Man group!! Sounds like it would be a fun show, but navigating a city that you don't know isn't as fun though. That is awesome that you had a great time!

 
At 11:05 AM, Blogger Pauline said...

I've seen this group on TV, it looks like a fun show and to see it in person would be fantastic. It sounds like you had a great time even though you got lost in
TO. I think that would freak me out. Have a great week.

 
At 11:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've always wanted to see them, but haven't gotten the chance yet. Oh, and I know all to well about gettinglost in big cities!!!

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger Lala's world said...

oh my gosh that sounds crazy glad you managed to make it though!!!
glad you are doing good training your puppy....I am not very good at it! hehee

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Crystal said...

Wow, that sounds like a lot of fun! I've heard of them and seen them on commercials. I would have loved to go on stage and banged the drums with paint on them. Man I wish I lived in Canada. Sounds like you have more fun there. Is Bailey the name of the dog that used to be Floyd(sp?)? Just wondering. Glad you had fun.

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger Meggles said...

In response to Crystal's question:
Yes, Pink Floyd was his name when the puppy was with his mom. However, I didn't want to name him that. So his name is now Bailey. My sis sometimes calls him B-bails too...he is already getting nicknames. LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home