My life after College

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Its been a long time....

Yes, yes I know...Its been a long time since I have blogged. I've also been busy, with work (stupid work, sorry I'm having a bad day today), friends, and life in general. I haven't really had any big events happening over the past little while. I've been working 11:30-8 shifts 5 days a week for the past little while. So I get up in the morning, eat breakfast check emails then have to get ready and leave for work, then I come home and eat dinner, watch a little bit of tv and go to sleep. That has been my schedule the past while. Then on my two days off last week I went to my sisters horse show.

This post really isn't on any topic, I just needed to get out my anger right now with work. Its pretty dead here since its the long weekend and everyone has already pre-booked all their activities for the next few days. I book golf, spa (stupid spa, can you tell the part of my job I hate), hummer tours, dinner reservations, show tickets, babysitting requests, special delivery requests, and all sorts of other activities. I'm mainly mad at the spa right now. The spa has no communication with my department which is where the majority of spa bookings are made. Plus the spa has a new Spa Director I call her 'Miss High & Mighty'. Cuz thats what she thinks she is..LOL...So do some other people that I work with, so I know its just not me that has a disliking for her. So this morning its Sunday, its raining outside, and I'm really tired, but I managed to get myself to work on time this morning. I'm the only on in my department for today, and so I'm having a good day doing my normal morning duties, checking emails, updating counts on the web, checking for cancelled reservations that have activity bookings and such. Then all of the sudden boom, here comes 'Miss High & Mighty' (MHM), and when she comes its not good!, they hardly ever have anything nice to say to us. She comes and tells me that I didn't checkmark the staff requested part in a guests spa booking. Are you serious!!! Its like one the most important parts of the booking is to ask if they have a gender or staff requested. So I think back to a few days ago, as thats when the booking was made, and I don't even remember anyone ever requesting this staff member. So I don't know, did someone change my booking? Or is the spa trying to corner me out?? Anyways, so MHM says "I'm having a real problem with your department booking spa bookings, but we couldn't do it all without your department so we appreciate it, but I dunno, its just were having problems". So I'm like well I'm finished on Tuesday. And she was like well if you do come back as I don't know if you are (and this is where I rolled my eyes at her, like if I do come back it wont in association with you), then we'll be glad to have you back as I appreciate everything that you do...WHAT!!!...I've been working here longer than her!, she's only been here for like a month and a bit. How does she know how I've been doing. She really made a bad experience on this job for me. So then she leaves thanks goodness!!

I then talk to someone in another department (whos been here for a number of years) and she says that there has always been a problem with spa bookings and the spa. My department books tons of things and we never have this much trouble with the other departments that we book things for. So is it just the spa?!? Is it them that has the probelms and not my department like MHM says.

MHM isn't even my boss. So I'm going to talk to my boss when she gets back on Tuesday, as I didn't feel very comfortable when MHM was talking/yelling at me. Its my last day Tuesday! Can't wait! I have enjoyed this job alot and the people that I work with, however its the spas attitude towards my department that I'm not happy with. There have been other problems as well and they don't deal with them in a very polite and nice way. If we would all just communicate a little better I think things would run a lot smoother.

Hope everyone has a nice day!!

6 Comments:

At 1:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Dear I hope your day is going better now. i do agree communication is big part of what you do i did a whole course on it and I have to do another one on it maybe I should give them my presentation i have to do o communication. sound good? see ya later Mom

 
At 2:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there meggles, is your day going better now? (its about 2:30 pm)I hope so. You know,...there is always one in every job. We just cant get away with it. Unless you work at in a church office is my thinking. How did your potatoe salad turn out? Let me know. Luv ya and have a great 3 days left at work. I'm positive you are doing a fantastic job. PH

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger Meggles said...

The day is going better, I had to call down to the spa to give them a message and MHM answered (ahh), so I was like oh hi its me (i said my name), and she was like hi, but in a really rude tone, I almost hung up the phone right then she sounded so rude to hear my voice..LOL..so I gave her the message and said bye.

The potatoes and egg boiling turned out good. My mom made the rest. Thanks for the cooking help!

 
At 4:04 PM, Blogger Crystal said...

Sorry that you have to deal with an MHM. I have had to deal with them at almost every job. And usually they are the reason why I leave. I've just never had the guts to stand up to them. I'm getting better at it but I think that I shouldn't have to be the one that pays the price ya know? Glad that you are not going to be there anymore. May God bless you with a great job with no MHM's LOL!

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger Wave's Word said...

Hi, sounds like theirs a wrinkle in the communication. Sometimes changing the form helps. I do bookings too. I know if you focus on a solution it helps. Getting rid of the anger is good. Venting in a humorous way helps.heehee!
Some people are just upidity types.(new word) they need chill out!

 
At 5:50 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Did you enjoy your last day of work today???? :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home