My life after College

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Happy Anniversary!

It was my parents 22nd Anniversary yesterday, Friday, August 11, 2006. They have been gone since Thursday night, with my youngest sibling travelling down to Indianapolis. This weekend is a big and exciting weekend as they have gone down to go to the speedway for my dad to do a lap with Lance Armstrong (the winner of the Tour de France for 7 years). With all the responsibilities of being the oldest at the house right now, I didnt have time to write about them yesterday like I had planned.


This picture is of my lovely parents. They were married on Saturday, August 11, 1984. My mom was 20 years old, my dad was 22 years old. They met when they were still in highschool at a roller skating rink during a youth event that the local church attended. My mom's friend Teresa, and my dad's friend Kevin were dating at the time, as the girls were going over to meet the guys, my dad fell right in front of my mom. We say that he fell for her!....He says that Kevin tripped him. You know guys!...After that they were in love, my dad proposed just before my moms graduation. Of course, Kevin was the Best Man at the wedding, and Teresa was the Maid of Honour.

Then 2 years later then had me in October of 1986. Melissa my sister in January of 1988. Monica my sister in July 1989. And Joshua in November of 1990.

After moving 8 times, 7 dogs, 2 cats, 3 birds, 100+ fish, 1 horse, 6+ hamsters, 2 mice, a few cars, a few vans, many road/camping/amusement park trips, the rough and happy times, they are the best parents someone could ask for. They are loving and kind, people you can count on when you are having a bad day. That you know when you get home, they will be there to support you and guide in the best direction (even though sometimes you don't think they have the best idea, but really they know, they have been through those times also).

Thank-you for being the best parents you could be. Being good parents results in having good parents. I hope that someday I will be able to tell my children how special you both are to me and be able to be a great parent just like the both of you.

Happy Anniversay! Hope you both are having a great trip! Ride hard Daddy!

2 Comments:

At 1:27 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I knew it was someone's celebration yesterday but I couldn't remember if it was a birthday or what and I couldn't remember if it was my family or Dave's family or the church... lots to remember, I guess that's why they created calanders!!

Congratulations guys!!

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger Alicia said...

I know this is late...I'm so behind in all my emails ect.lol I'm feeling so overwhelmed.
Anyways say Happy Belated Anniversary to your parents for me!
Hope there trip was a great one!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home