My life after College

Monday, August 07, 2006

Finished, Fini!

Well I've finally finished the book that I have been reading for the past few weeks. It was a great book to keep me occupied while at work during the down times, or while at home sitting by the pool trying to tan but can't sit there just laying so I could read instead. If you have not read the Shopaholic series or started you should. Everyone that I have talked to them about this series has said that they love the series. There is two people here in my office that have read the whole series, and my aunt and cousin have read them also and them all the books.
The first one is 'Confessions of a Shopaholic', by Sophie Kinsella. Its about a young women who is majorly in debt with credit cards (thats plural, more than one card). She keeps throwing out the letters that the banks are sending her. And what does she do? Like career wise?.....She's a financial journalist. Whenever she gets another bill she throws it into her drawer, then to make herself feel better she goes and buys something, and charges it to the almighy plastic. When all that has gone wrong has gone wrong, something good happens. A new start? A boyfriend to keep her spending in line? A move? An upgrade to her current job? A television appearance? I know...do you??
So I'm off to go start the next book in the series, 'Shopaholic takes Manhattan'. (of course once I'm finished work I will start it, as I forgot to bring it to work today). I wonder what will happen next?!

1 Comments:

At 10:35 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I've been wondering about that series but I don't have a lot of extra time to read these days... stuck to magazines for now!! It was good to see you this past weekend btw - hopefully we'll see more of you in the near future... ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home