My life after College

Sunday, September 10, 2006

My First Home-made Meal

I've never been into cooking as a hobby, or have never had to cook in order to live (I've never lived by myself, plus I don't think I can cook very good). But the new Kraft 'What's Cooking' Magazine came in the mail and since I'm on holidays I decided I would cook a meal for my family as in the magazine the picture looked really good. So Thursday night (I know it was a few days ago, but I was away all weekend) I cooked a dish for them.


This is my dinner!...I made it in our pampered chef stone dish (I love pampered chef stone ware). Its got cut up chicken on the bottom, then vegetables mixed in with sour cream, and cream of chicken soup, then 2 cups of mozerella cheese, then stove top stuffing mix, then I added some additional cheese once the dish was done. The dish turned out good, everyone in the family ate some. It was a little bit runny, so next time I'll not but so much soup in.

I haven't cooked since Thursday (as we were in Sherkston Shores) but I will be cooking again. I want to start learning how to cook, but with my old job I didn't get home till 8:45pm, and my mom had already made dinner.

I wont be back here till Thursday evening as tomorrow morning I'm on my way with my mom and aunt to head down and see my cousin down in the states. Then on Tuesday we are all heading to NYC!! Hope you all have a great week. I'll post my trip pictures when I get back.

7 Comments:

At 9:46 PM, Blogger Crystal said...

It looks delicious! Have fun in New York!

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger Pauline said...

I hope you have a great time, give AL a big hug for me ok , wish I could have gone... but you know why I couldn't love ya PH

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger alane said...

How fun! It looks really yummy! I really don't cook much at all (I don't have time) but I get that same magazine and have always wanted to try some of their dishes!

 
At 3:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go! food looks great. I love Pampered Chef as well. It is practically the only thing I cook with these days.
Have fun on your trip!

 
At 6:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the whats cooking mag and I use their website all the time

hope you are enjoying yourself right now and I am the Queen of quick and easy meals and enjoy cooking special events mostly

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger momsmusings said...

Oh, that sure looks yummy...I can't wait to hear about your trip!!

 
At 12:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Sounds yummy! I love to cook, it's actually one thing I'm really good at. I don't know how or why, but everything I've ever attempted has turned out wonderful!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home