My life after College

Monday, September 18, 2006

NYC Trip

I'm back from my trip to the states, it went a little something like this...
Monday (Sept 11) morning I woke up very early like 7am, showered, packed up and my mom and I left my house to pick up my aunt about 2 hours away from here, then to Niagara Falls, then to the border, then to Pennsylvania to stay at my cousin Ally's new apartment with her and her hubby, a total trip of 10 hrs including stop times for lunch and stretches.
Tuesday (Sept 12) morning Ally, aunt Shasher, JZ (Shashers son), my mom, and I, drove to NYC and stayed there all day. We saw many different attractions in NYC, the city wasn't as busy as I thought it was as it was around 1:30pm when we got there, but by the time work was out, boy was it ever busy! We ended up taking a bus tour in which we could hop on hop off in order to stop and look around different places. It was the best idea, and if you ever go to see NYC and want to see a lot of it take a bus that way you don't have to walk and you can cover more with the bus. What I never realized was how big this city is. There is so much to see, and so much to do. Definately another trip is in sight.

Wednesday (Sept 13) we slept till we could, got ready and shopped at the mall right across the street from Ally's apartment. We were there till around 2pm, then packed up and headed to West Virginia to visit my aunt G and her family. That was another 5 hr drive.
Thursday we shopped again with Aunt G, went back to her house, had dinner, chatted then went to sleep.
Friday (Sept 14) morning we woke up at our leisure and then headed back to Canada, which was another 8 hour drive to drop Aunt Shasher, and JZ off. Then my mom and I drove home which was 2.5 hours. I was glad to be out of a car by the time I went to sleep on Friday night and I'm sure that JZ was too. He was a good baby for the amount of driving we did. Below are some pictures of our trip.

Our first stop was The Statue of Liberty. This is me on the left (not a good pic of me, the sun was in our eyes) and Ally on the right standing from the walkway in Liberty State Park, New Jersey.


Next was Ground Zero, after I had politely asked a nearby cop where the shopping and ground zero stops were. I was amazed by the big hole in the ground. I didn't know this at the time, but you can actually go underneath and see the whole area with no gate in the way. My younger sister Mel was in NYC from Friday to Sunday, just a few days after we were, and she told me that.


This is in the middle of Central Park. To the left is, Aunt Shasher, JZ in the stroller sleeping, Me, and Ally. My mom is taking the picture. What a lovely park. It's just like the pictures and scences from the movies. There are people laying down on the grass, couples and singles, reading books under trees, or just taking a little nap. Its such a peaceful park, and would be a nice walk during the day. While waiting on a bench, Ally and I were watching the people, and what we noticed were a lot of nannies either pushing strollers or holding the hands of these children. It made me want to come live and NYC and be a nanny so that I could walk through the park everyday. We were near the zoo where they did Madagascar. We didn't go in as it was an extra fee, and we still had many places to go.

The Trump Tower sign in the first picture and the second is the building as we were driving by on the double decker bus. I heard that the foyer is in gold, so I wanted to go to the bathroom in the building and see if it was actually true. I wasn't about to jump off the bus so I bypassed that idea of peeing on the gold toilet seat. I was a watcher of the Apprentice. And for those of you who watch the show, Carolyn is no longer with the Apprentice. Trump said that she was more interested in making her own brand than promoting and selling for Trump.

This is Times Square from standing on the street. It was one of the places we walked to after visiting the world famous shopping centre of 'Macy's'.

This is a neat building. Its a triangle when looking at it from the front. It would have been neat to see the inside of the building to see how the rooms at the front where it is very narrow look, and how big they are.


Here is the Empire State Building near Sunset. It was on our last bus hop on going through little italy that we took this picture.

As well we saw: the broadway and threatre area, Greenwich Village, Soho, Chinatown and Little Italy, City Hall, Brooklyn Bridge, Battery Park, Waldork Astoria Hotel, Trump Palace, Rockefeller Center, and Park Central Hotel.

It was a day full of adventure and fun. Thanks for the great trip you girls (and JZ)!!

5 Comments:

At 8:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

great pics
heard about the awesome deals shopping bet you enjoyed that
come visit soon

 
At 11:31 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Awesome pictures, you have to email them to me!!! I didn't bring my camera so that my hubby could take a picture of Li getting on the school bus for the first time... always the mother eh?! It was a good trip, I enjoyed it very much!!

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger Alicia said...

I'm not a fan of pics of me but could you send them my way as well. I'd love to make a scrapbook page from them. :) I had a great time too..thanks for coming!! I loved getting to hang out with you girls!!

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger redheads said...

Sounds like you had a great time.
The pictures are beautiful! I would love to go to NYC sometime but I think I will wait until I can go either without kids or wait until they are a little older.

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger momsmusings said...

It sounds like you had a great time on your trip. These are some great pics for memories!! Thanks for commenting on my 200th post!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home