My life after College

Sunday, October 15, 2006

A Day at the Park

Saturday a bunch of people were suppost to go to Horseshoe Valley Resort to go Tree Trekking. Because of this snowy, raining weather we have been getting around here it was cancelled. At 7:00am I got a call that it was cancelled after I had already showered and blow dryed my hair, as we were leaving at 8am and I had a few errand to do before. At least I got to go back to sleep. Well since my whole day was going there, and was for some other people too my friend Louisianna (middle in pic) planned something for some of us friends to do. After I got the call at 7am I called her, and Mel S (left in pic) another friend that was going. Louisianna called the other two guys that were going. We all went back to sleep except Louisianna. She stayed up and planned a day of stuff for us 5 to do. Thanks Louisianna!!!

Our day went like this:

#1: I picked up Mel S and we traveled to the grocery store where we were meeting Louisianna, Chris F, and Chris R. We then hopped into my car (well I took my moms for the day as it has more room for us than my tiny Sunfire. She has a Freestyle SUV)

#2: We all traveled to Barrie, where we sang our hearts away (well some of us) to many songs. It was about a 50 minute drive. We then went to a park in Barrie to have our picnic. We parked the car and brought all the stuff to a nearby picnic table that was sheltered as it was very cold outside and windy. Thanks Chris F for packing the lunch.

#2: All 5 of us 19+ up to 25 yrs old all played on the park equipment. There were no little kids there so we had lots of fun. We played tag and ran all over the equipment, as well as Mel S slide down the slide and hit a puddle at the end, making up all crack up as we saw it coming as she was making her way down.

#3: Feeding the birds. This is where you found Mel S most of the time. There were seagulls and Canadian Geese.


#4: Headed to this aquarium that had tons of fish, and a huge shark tank. We looked at the different fish and tanks and such. As well we found some Nemo fish. I would love to have a huge aquarium, just wouldn’t like to clean it..LOL.

#5: Tried to find a place that could take us for dinner. But on a Sat night in a big city. There was no such luck. The lowest time was 30 minutes, but we didn’t have that much time as we needed to catch our movie. So we finally found a place that would take us right away. However, it took forever for someone to come and take our drink order. And it took forever for the food, and forever for the bills. It was good food. And we had already decided to go to the later show so we had time to kill.

#6: Drove to Orillia which was closer to our houses to watch the movie at the threatre as we still had time to kill. We ended up seeing Jackass 2 as Man of the Year wasn’t playing in the Orillia threatre. It was playing in the Barrie one where we were, but we decided to travel closer to home while we had the time to kill. The movie was hilarious. I don't think I stopped laughing till after I had gone to the bathroom after the movie was over.

We then travelled home, while some of us sleep. It was a fun day, and I was so tired that I sleep till almost 10am the next day. Which is very unusual for me. I'm not a person who sleeps in a lot. My dad once told me Early to Bed, Early to Rise, Makes a Man Healthy, Wealthy, and Wise.
Thanks for the awesome planning Louisianna, it was a great day!!!

3 Comments:

At 9:49 PM, Blogger Pauline said...

oh the life of leisire (dont know how to spell it),do you need a job by any chance meggles. ha ha love ya

 
At 11:21 PM, Blogger Crystal said...

Looks like you had fun!

 
At 7:54 AM, Blogger momsmusings said...

Sounds like you had a fun day!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home