My life after College

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

New Job

As in my previous post my current job wasn't working out. People were asking how my job was going and such. So I mainly told them not good. They don't treat their customers how they should be treated since they are the customers bringing in the business. The whole business is slightly disorganized with scheduling the customers. Up until today everyother day that I have been there I have only been given the next days schedule in the morning. So today I got tomorrow list of people I had to call to see if they were available for tomorrow for one of the technicians to come have a look at the appliance. However today he gave me up until Friday's folder with people, which was great cuz people had more notice and were happier with a few days notice.

So back to Saturday. Saturday morning I got up whenever my body wanted to which was 7:45am..whats with me...it was a Saturday!!! I guess I'm used to getting up at 7:30am for work. Oh well, so I went to our computer room, which was in much needed help for some organizing. My dad runs a construction business, my mom does the bookwork, I do the filing now since my mom doesn't like that part, plus I like doing it. So thats what I was doing going through tons of invoices that needed to be organized into the right folders. Then I had to make some new folders and such. So I'm busy doing this when I get a phone call. Its a family friend who had offered me a weeks worth of work if I wanted some work if the appliance place didn't work out. They run an Air Ambulance company close to here. So we were talking and she was like this is what I need you for and this is what I can pay you and such. So I was like well I'll have to think about it, as you said that you only needed me for 1 week so I still have to find another job before I tell the appliance place I'm quitting. Then she says no I want to hire you. I was like what. She said G (her husband, and also the head captain and vice-president of the company) and I have discussed it and we feel its time that I get an assistant. Plus you have worked for me before and know what we do. As well we need someone we can trust as you will be seeing bills and invoices. I was soooo happy. So we talked a little bit more, and we decided that I would think about it over the weekend and let her know at the end of the weekend.

I ran upstairs told me mom and almost cried when I was telling her. I was like..guess what!!!...shes like what....I was like H offered me a job. I was soo excited.

So I took the weekend to think about it. Called H up Monday morning on my way to work at the appliance place, and told her I was going to tell my boss today. So I would call H later when I knew what my last day would be. I was only going to give them to the end of the week as they get paid weekly, and I had only been hired since last tuesday.

I went to work, but my boss ended up leaving to go home with her sick son. So she gave me her phone number to call her if I needed to. So I waited an hour or so and called her but having to leave a message just saying to call me when she had a moment. So I get a call back a little while later, and I told her that I found a permanent full-time position as this job was only a temp position. It was a temp position that might turn into a permanent but not sure as the girl has carpel tunnel and they have to diagnos her as not able to return to work before they can say its a permanent position. I told her I can stay till the end of the week, but to let me know if I can go sooner than that (plus I wanted this friday off as its my bday). She asked me today if I could stay till the end of the week. I said yes. Dumb me..I should have said till Thursday. Maybe I'll call in sick or something..lol...I couldn't that kinda mean.

I called H up today after work and told her I can start whenever after this week. So I start Monday at their company. I'm so excited. I'm going to be an assistant to the President of an Air Ambulance company. I'll work 9-4 daily. Having weekends off.

Well I should get going. Bailey and I have been doin puppy training classes on Monday's and we have to practice our lay downs, our sits are perfect, but laydown is harder. They say its harder for a tiny puppy.

5 Comments:

At 9:55 PM, Blogger Crystal said...

You go girl! Sounds like things are going great for you now. Happy early birthday!

 
At 7:17 AM, Blogger Pauline said...

Congratulations Meggles, I know you will be very happy in that position. You have had a lot of experience with that family already so things will be smooth sailing for you(just the way the Lord intends things to be when we are in his will). Praying the rest of your week is great Aunt P

 
At 11:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go Girl! That is so awesome, you sound so excited. THis sounds like its right up your alley.

Have a happy Birthday on Friday!

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger momsmusings said...

That is amazing how the job just came to you!! It sounds like you are going to enjoy the new job!

 
At 11:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey meg! congrats on your new job!sounds like fun! people are still droppin like flies here. really weird! anyways have a good bday on friday. and good luck with your new job! cant remember my pass so i logged on as anonymous

 

Post a Comment

<< Home