My life after College

Monday, November 06, 2006

The Birthday Weekend

Its been a while since my birthday weekend, however as promised here are some pictures...
We started out by leaving at 7am on Saturday morning, I packed my stuff in my car, picked up MelS, then picked up Louisianna, then headed to Tim Hortons.

On our way (it was a 3.5 hr drive to where the hotel was) we stopped at Wal-mart to grab the last minute things we needed for a girls weekend, ie; shaving cream, face masks, umbrellas as it was raining, flip flops for the pool area, and some other necessary to us items.

We arrived at the hotel at 11am and were able to check into our room right away. So we unloaded the car after having to get a dolly (the cart you pile everything onto), as we were only staying for one night but we were 3 girls and had a lot of stuff.

Here is a picture of Louisianna and MelS with all our stuff. We couldn't pile it any higher without it all falling over, as there were speed bumps in the parking lot.

We got into our room, and unloaded and got situated. We then went to the waterpark, I don't have any pictures, but it was a fun place. Its an indoor waterpark and it has 4 water tubing slides, 2 water body slides, 2 water carpet slides, 1 adult hot tub, 1 large wavepool, a resturant, and a kids area. It was tons of fun. We each went down the tubing slides, then just MelS and I went down the carpet and body slides. We got major weggies from the body slides, but it was fun.

After getting back from the waterpark we got dressed and ready to go Wine Tasting. We were in Niagara Falls, and they have amazing wineries. We went to i think 7 different places, some which included the popular Peller Estates, and Jackson-Triggs. We tried going to the places that you can't buy their wine in stores. I ended up getting two bottles for my parents and one bottle of 1999 late harvet wine. I decided that I was going to save it till next year on my 21st Birthday and open it then. This is the Peller Estates Winery from the back going towards the front. Its gorgeous inside and outside. The Champange was free there, the ice wine and everything else you had to pay for. Some places you got 2-3 compliementary wines, some you had to pay like $2 or $3 .

After returning from the tours, we were tired. We felt old and we all fell asleep while watching tv. We ended up waking up at 7pm and it was very hard to get out of bed. We eventually did and went to the Rainforest Cafe for dinner, then headed back to the hotel, and hung out. Later on in the evening we went out dancing at a local night club, it was fun, however it was almost halloween and some of the girls, wait a lot of the girls weren't dressed too nicely. We also saw some girl try and hit a cop and then had to jump her to the ground. Its amazing what happens when you go to a cities night club.

We got back to your hotel late and went right to bed. After we got up just in time to pack up and check-out. We were still able to use the waterpark till 3pm that day so after loading up the car we headed there for our last wave pool and hot tub swim. We were too tired to go and walk up all the stairs to the tubing slides. We even had the time turnback one hour that days also, so we gained an extra hour but were still tired.

After we headed downtown and checked out some different places including the Hershey's Store. yummy...we got fudge....and it was soo good. We then walked back up to my car, and drove down to the falls.

After the falls we headed towards Toronto as were were meeting Louisianna bf and MelS friend at Wonderland for Fear Fest. We were driving when MelS friend called to see where we were and stuff. We thought it was 3:30 but really it was only 2:30...I forgot to turn back my car clock..lol..so we decided to go to a local large mall and go shopping.

We went shopping, got food, then made bears at the Build A Bear Workshop. Louisianna made one for her bf, and MelS and I made one for our future children. We said they are our bears for know but we will give them to our children (don't worry it won't be for a few years).

After shopping and Fear Fest we headed home at 1am!!!...I went straight to bed once I got home after the 2 hrs drive. Thankfully Louisianna drove 1/2 way home while I slept, or else we probably would have had to stop for me to take a nap. Thanks for driving!!!

The next morning I started my new job in which I love!!! I have been there 1 week now and so much in my life has changed (another post). I promise I will blog soon again, as there is so much to tell.

5 Comments:

At 8:52 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey I know there's more news..... gotta share it quick - I can't wait anymore!!!!!

I'm glad you're enjoying your new job... I guess I should stop looking for one down here eh?!!!

:-)

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger Pauline said...

Hey Im feeling a little left out here what is the news??? Share it quick Meg. P

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger Pauline said...

Glad you had a great weekend by the way, we have already talked but..... what is this news. lol

 
At 6:03 PM, Blogger Crystal said...

Looks like a great time! That story you told of the girl trying to hit a cop and then he had to jump her and get her on the ground sounds hilarious! Wish I could have been there to see it!

 
At 5:19 AM, Blogger Wave's Word said...

What is the news? Glad to hear you like your job. What a nice trip.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home