My life after College

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Weekend of Painting

Finally after much frusteration with the drywallers not showing up and taking forever to finish I get to paint!

My weekend of painting went like this:

Friday night: mudded the tac and BB gun holes on the walls from its former room owner of my lil brother. Then sanded and re-mudded the holes again. (The drywallers only had to do the new walls not the old walls).

Saturday: Woke up at 9am (thanks Cory for the text (my bf)), went to Home Depot and got the paint (1 can of deep beige, 1 can of red red wine, 1 can of primer for the red), got a bunch of brushes. Then came home, Cory arrived and then we went to town to get coffee. Came back to my place and ate breakfast then around 10:30/11am we started priming the room. We finished priming around 12:30/1pm. Cory then had to leave for work, and I continued painting. I put 1 coat of the beige, 1 coat of the red, and cutout the area to do the ceiling. My mom and dad also helped me do the 1st coat of beige. Also while painting, my dad installed my closet door and rods. I worked on my room till around 6pm then went to my bro's hockey game.

(This pic is looking from my door into the room. You can see part of the ceiling is complete, the one window on the right hand side is complete, and the beige wall is complete. )

Sunday: Went to Cory's in the morning, then came home around 2:30pm as he had to work again. I put 1 more coat of red on the one wall, 1 coat on the ceiling, touched up last nights walls, did 1 1/2 of the windows trim, then tried do the corners. I hate corners! I have finally found an easier way though after getting the beige paint all over the red wall in the corners..AHH..So I'm going to have to tape all the corners in order to get everything straight.

Oh yah I got paint on the floor too tonight. I was working on painting the ceiling and I had a tray of the red paint sitting on the dresser. Well I went to go move my foot and the tray flipped over, hit the sheet that was covering the bed and landed on the floor also hitting the cd player and lamp stand that was on the floor. I tried cleaning it up as much as possible, but we are going to be putting new carpet down anyways. I'll just have a stain on my carpet for a bit in which I can cover up with an area rug. I worked on my room till around 7:30pm tonight then decided it was time was a break and I ate dinner. After dinner I put the electic covers on and made my bed (with my new sheets and pillows).

(Here is the picture of the paint on the ground after my attempt to try and clean it)

So to say the least, it was a weekend of painting and left I have: 1 coat of red paint, the corners and the window trim, and the door for the closet.

Thanks Cory, Mom, and Dad for helping me!!!!

6 Comments:

At 8:37 AM, Blogger momsmusings said...

Sounds like you had a fun time painting, the colours look great...we really need to paint here, but it is hard to find the time with 4 kids around!!

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Look good Megs! You're a real pro!! I always had to live with White paint when I was at home. We were never allowed to paint our rooms, they were - and if you see their house still -- it's all about White. That's probably why I LOVE colour so much!! Great colour choices.... it reminds me of someone else's house... ;-)

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger redheads said...

Looks great Meg's. I love your colour choices. I would really like to paint my house again but we need to finish other projects first that have been started. Oh the joys of owning your own house.

Well have fun finishing the painting.

 
At 6:42 PM, Blogger Judys stories said...

Your doing a great job Meg you will get use to those corners then you can help me with the main entrance Ha ha ( I have decided to chane the paint in the front hall)

 
At 1:55 AM, Blogger Lala's world said...

oh this is why I hired painters! hehe
love the red though! you are like your Auntie Shash!

 
At 10:22 PM, Blogger Alicia said...

Hi Megs I love the colors you picked in your bedroom. Keep up the hard work, it'll look awsome when your finished. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home