My life after College

Friday, January 19, 2007

Its been a while...


Well Its been a long time since I have last blogged. The holidays were busy but well spent with family. I'll start where I left off....

Both Christmas Parties were fun. My work one went well even though I had a cold, we all had fun, especially when we got out the pictionary cards to play chardes with the whiteboard. We did guys against girls, in which unfortunately the guys won, but the girls were very close. Who'd think pilots and paramedics could outsmart theirs wives and girlfriends...lol..we were joking that they had been practicing their drawing skills while waiting during flights. The murder mystery dinner party was good too. Lots of fun and the food was great!!
This is my family just before Christmas, including the two dogs.

Christmas Eve was spent with family, friends and my boyfriend. We had our usual opening of the pj's that night and had a great dinner. Then Christmas day we headed down to visit family.
Aunt Shash made an awesome dinner!!, then my family spent the night there and headed back Boxing Day night after we did some Boxing Day shopping of course.

This is Cory and I the night that we did Family pictures just before Christmas.

The 30th of Dec we headed down for lunch (3 hrs away) with my dad's side of the family in which I got to see all my cousins and have a great time. Also got to see my cousin's engagement ring! Its gorgeous, and get this she's getting married 07/07/2007. Neat date eh?

From there to celebrate New Years my family and some close friends of my parents (who is my boss also) along with their two kids (Geremy aged gr.6 and Tristan, 18) headed down to Niagara Falls. We stayed there for two nights, celebrating New Years and my Dad's 45th Birthday on Dec .31. We had a blast, even though it rained on New Years Eve. New Years Day my brother and I as well as Tristan headed home in my car while my mom, dad, and two sisters went to go visit my aunt down in West Virginia. This picture is my dad wearing the moose hat when you go to Montana's Restaurant and its your birthday. It was so much fun. I love this pic.

Oh I forgot to mention just before the holidays I got a call from a position that I had applied to at the beginning on September back when I was looking for a job. It was at the District of Muskoka where I had worked before as a coop student in Grade 12 and then again my first summer in college as office support in one of the departments. The position that I had applied for was for switchboard/front reception. They had given it to un inside employee as they have to first as they are unionized and stuff. So they called me asking if I was still interesting. It would be the first week of January and then a few days a week after that for a few weeks. So I told them I would talk to my current boss and see what she says, as she had said that if anything comes up with the District then take it as it can be hard to get in with the government sometimes and I should take it. It was kinda slow at the office anyways at that point as we weren't getting too many flights. So I took the position and had one training day on Dec 22, before the holidays. I then started on Jan 2nd-5th full days, then have been working Tues and Thurs every week till Feb 1st. Its keeping me busy at the airport only being there 3 days a week.

I've also had a 2 month anniversary at the beginning of Jan with my boyfriend in which he completly surprised me every minute of the night. He picked me up on a Friday night an hour or so after I was done work in which he brought me flowers. They were Gerber Daisies in which are one of my fav flowers. There were three flowers with the fern stuff to make them pretty. There was one pink one (my fav colour), one yellow (his fav colour), and one that looked like the two colours were put together as there was some pink and some yellow on it. It was so cute. Then he took me to his car and there was a photo album sitting on my seat so I was like what's this. And he said it was mine. I opened it and he in it said "Meghan and Cory's first photo album"..as well our saying "One day at a time.." was written on the inside cover. Then he had printed out a ton of photo's, some of him, some of me, and some of the both of us. I've known him for a few years so one was last year when I was in the same wedding he was the best man for, I was walking down the aisle in my bridesmaid dress and he had that pic in it. He also put little blurbs beside each picture. It was amazing and in a sweet photo album that matches my room decor too!! I love the photo album. He then took me 25 minutes away to dinner at Montana's. We then planned on going to a movie but the movie was playing really late and he had to work really early the next morning so we post-poned our date till a later date. We ended up going to the movie on the Monday following. I say we had a 4 day date...as we didn't go to the end of the date movie till Monday a few days later.

Also my sister Mel turned 19 last week and got a kitty in which she called him Honey Buns. He's really soft and orange and white. However I don't get to see him that much as she lives an hour away from my house while she goes to college. Bailey got 3 shots 2 weeks ago for his vaccinations and has to get another one for his booster next Saturday. As well he can get nutured anytime after his last shot.

Well hope everyone has a good weekend! I'll try not to make it too long before I blog again.

6 Comments:

At 2:47 PM, Blogger Lala's world said...

your boyfriend sounds so sweet to do that photo album not to mention creative! sounds like a great guy! and congrats on the job!

 
At 5:11 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

sounds pretty serious to me....

thanks for the update, see you on Friday when we drop off Jake.

 
At 12:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww what a sweet heart you have there!!! So romantic. My hubby doesn't have a romantic bone in his body!! LOL. Sounds like you had an awesome christmas, and anniversary!

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger Crystal said...

You and your guy are so cute together! He sounds like a real sweetheart. Sounds like your holidays were AWESOME!

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger redheads said...

your boyfriend sounds very sweet. How will he be able to top that one. I love the idea of the photo album.

Glad you had a great christmas, it was really nice to see you again.

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger Alicia said...

So when do I get to meet this wonderful man who has swepted you off your feet?? :) Will he be up for Grandpas party. J and I are coming up on the friday. Sounds like you've been having a lot of excitment. Hope things keep going really well for you. Miss you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home